Ready to get your first license? A Florida learner’s permit, or restricted license, is a permit issued to drivers at least 15 years of age of have met the minimum requirements of the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. Those requirements include passing a written, hearing and vision exam, as well as completing a traffic law and substance abuse education course and a permit exam. Both which can be done online.
Here are the requirements in more detail:
- You must be at least 15 years old,
- Pass vision, road signs and road rules test,
- Have the signature of one parent or guardian on the consent form if you are under 18,
- Complete a Traffic Law and Substance Abuse Education course like this one or have completed a Department of Education driver education course,
- Have two forms of identification,
- Have a social security number and
- Must be in compliance with school attendance (no more than 15 unexcused days absent from school in any 90-day period).